Quick & Easy DIY Home Manicure | Barry M

Mini Modette | Quick Easy DIY Manicure Song of choice: Lips Like Sugar by Echo & The Bunnymen

I'm one of those girls who likes to look presentable but not a fan of going to nail bars (not my scene). I have found my own way to create a french manicure look that's a cheap and easy do-it-yourself with the added bonus of conditioning your nails (much needed for me). I don't take the best care of my nails but I try.

Let us begin...

Prep Those Nails

  1. Using the flat surface of the emery board, I begin by buffing out the ridges on the surface of my nails so they are smoother and less obvious to the naked eye. They are not incredibly noticeable but I am aware of them.

  2. With the edge begin to shape your nails to create a neat as you can, rounded nail tips.

  3. Rinse off any excess dust from buffing and shaping those nails. Throughly towel dry then and at this point I like to use rub in hand cream on my hands to soften the skin to moisturise you skin and make your hands feels that extra bit pampered (not necessary though)

Nailing Painting Time

Time to give those nails some colour. The products I will be using are all by Barry M, so are all cruelty free (an important issue to me) and great quality cosmetics for the price. They are Mani Mask nail polish in Birthday Suit, Nail Art Pen White and Gelly Hi-Shine Plumpy Top Coat (pictured below).


  1. Pick up the Nail Art Pen in white, before using give it a good shake to get the product flow, testing on a tissue. Paint over the white tips of your nails evenly, if you have certain nail have less then others overpaint them. This makes them look uniform and consistent.

  2. Take the Mani Mask Nail polish which applies colour but also is a nail treatment all-in-1 products (perfect for me) designed to strengthen and conditions damaged nails with a semi-matte colour finish allowing your natural nail colour to partially show through. Paint each nail with 1 coat on both hands (it dries immensely fast, awesome!). Including even over the white nail pen, the advantage of the polish being semi matte and translucent. Then when dry a second coat.

  3. The final stage is to add the glossy top coat using the Gelly Hi-Shine Plumpy Top Coat and the quick, easy "french manicure" is complete.
Here is the finished result:


I have found this wears well throughout the day, it has saved me money and good way to practice doing nails which can be tricky for some of us. Not perfect but I'm working on it.

Comments

Popular Posts