Clemence Wallet Unboxing | Louis Vuitton | Luxury Shopping

I am now a proud owner of my very first Louis Vuitton piece, the Clemence wallet purchased from the London flagship store on New Bond Street. My second ever luxury purchase after my Balenciaga!
😆


This post will be an unboxing for the wallet and I wanted to share this with you all. The packaging is the new orange and blue design replacing the classic well-known brown.


This was my very first experience purchasing a Louis Vuitton item and store experience. On entering the store I was greeted by a very friendly male staff member who took down my name for the waiting list on his iPad.

The wait to be seen was a lot shorter than I was expecting, between 5-10 minutes. I was greeted by a cheerful Sales Associate named Valerie, then asked me what I was after and my requirements. Prior to my visit I had decided on a wallet as my first LV purchase because for me, that is a good investment for something that will get guaranteed daily use. My heart was set on the canvas due to its famous durability, in my eyes perfect for an everyday wallet.

I explained I required was a wallet that held many cards, cash, and coins (the emphasis on the cards requirement). I have never got on with carrying my cards separately, I always forget when switching bags.

The SA understood my requirements and went to find items that suited. She noticed I had a mobility impairment and allowed me to stay seated and didn't need to move to a counter, which is great customer service. Something SA's elsewhere don't always take note of. She also made good conversation and made me feel at ease.

Valerie came back with 5 potential options all in the canvas. It had been the first time I had seen with my own eyes the both canvas designs. I really didn't like the Damier Ebene in the flesh, much preferring the classic monogram. The complete opposite opinion when viewing LV wallets online, for some reason the monogram felt nicer to holder!?  I was presented with the Josephine (in both designs, Clemence (again both designs), Emilie and Jeanne.

After much deliberation, I decided the Clemence was the best fit for my needs. All I needed to do was  decide what colour leather interior best suited me. The colour choices available instore were:











  • Monogram with the Rose Ballerine interior

  • Clemence - Monogram + Rose Ballerine [Image source: uk.louisvuitton.com]

  • Monogram with the Hot Pink interior
    Clemence - Monogram + Rose Ballerine [Image source: uk.louisvuitton.com]

  • Much to my surprise, I went with the Hot Pink, and I'm definitely not your typical hot pink kinda girl (ask anyone who knows me!). When I got home I noticed you could get the Monogram with an acid yellow interior which looks awesome!

    So anyway here she is:


    The wallet is made from one piece of continuous canvas feeling lovely and surprisingly lightweight to hold (not what I was expecting, making it feel durable and luxurious at the same time). Plus was what I consider a reasonable price (£335), despite the very recent price increase. When researching online prior to purchase I had budgeted to spend a lot more on another style the recent Adele (£355) which was out of stock in store, so this was a bonus! The interior is lined with hot pink coloured grained cowhide leather which feels durable, I do worry about marks from use though.

    Details

    Measurements: 7.7 x 3.5 inches (195mm x 89.9mm)

    8 credit cards slots - which initially panicked me I carried 12 usually, but in actual fact, I use a max of 8/9 of those 12. Anyway, in the wallet, there is enough room to place card loosely or double up in the card slots

    Flat slip pockets close up [Image Source: Mini Modette]






    2 side flat slip pockets - can easily hold bank notes, shopping lists, receipts (prefer to hold the latter between the card slots and the central zipped compartment which is gusseted to allow for this)





    Hot Pink Zip Pull

    I love how long the zip pull is and how decent the zipper is, I find these two things let a lot of purses down and are just not practical. The zipper just glides smoothly both ways and so far makes accessing the inside effortless with a natural motion.

     Over I had a very positive purchasing experience and have added more LV items on my wishlist for future treats and am very pleased with my choice.

    I hope to write a future post in a few months time regarding wear and tear. Would you be interested in seeing this?

    Thanks for reading, feel free to leave comments below about your LV loves etc.

    Thanks Bekki.

    Latest Posts:

    CRPS Awareness Month 2016

    Sixties Girl Power Playlist

    My First Luxury Handbag - Balenciaga



    Comments

    Popular Posts